I’m really excited to introduce you to Ellie! Bloggers get a lot of offers to sponsor posts for companies, but I have rarely accepted these invitations. When I read about Ellie, I was instantly intrigued. Then I did a little more background reading on the company and knew I wanted to try the products and share my experience.
You know how everyone and their mother is wearing Lululemon right now? Even the women who have never seen the inside of a yoga studio? Well I can’t afford that sh*t. I have a few pieces that I bought back when I was a working woman, but their prices seem to have increased in inverse proportion to my SAHM income, so my Lulu days are long gone.
But stretchy pants and comfortable tops are pretty much my uniform, so I need an alternative. I hope Ellie is the solution. I am still waiting for my first outfit to arrive, but in the meantime, I want to tell you about why I’m excited:
- Every month, Ellie features a new collection of workout apparel, featuring 16 tops and 8 bottoms.
- Ellie is a subscription-based shopping experience. For $49.95 a month, you join the Fit Fashionista Club and choose any two pieces from their monthly collection. You can also buy pieces separately without a monthly obligation, but it is a much better value per piece to be a club member.
- Club membership includes free shipping all month and free return shipping. From their FAQ page, they seem to have a great return policy.
- Club membership also gives you early access to some of the collections and special offers that the general public doesn’t receive. I don’t know what these special offers are yet, but I will find out and update you.
- You can cancel your club membership at any time, and you can even skip a month or pause your membership.
- Important note: As a club member, you have until the 7th of each month to select the pieces you want. Otherwise Ellie will select a top and bottom for you.
What I am most excited to discover about Ellie is the quality of the clothes. In my digging around the internet, I found this article which says, “Ellie makes high-end, comfortable, fashionable tank tops, workout shirts, yoga pants, hoodies, and leggings for women out of the very same fabric as the aforementioned womenswear giant – a technical performance fabric called Eclon…It uses the same construction methods as well. The difference is that Ellie’s items cost between $32 to $74 online, versus Lulu’s $90 to $200 in luxury retail stores.” Source
Another tidbit I love? “The items are shopped around Facebook to gauge consumer reactions and are then manufactured immediately. All this means Ellie workout gear is likely to be spot-on trends.” Source
Plus, all products are manufactured in the USA!
So this is why I agreed to blog about Ellie and review their products. My disclaimer to you guys is that I am receiving some free workout clothes in order to share my thoughts with you. I also get a small kickback if you sign up or buy clothes from my links. But I wouldn’t have agreed to do this if I wasn’t genuinely excited about this service. Should the clothing I receive be up to par, I will definitely be signing up for the service myself.
I’ve arranged for all my readers to receive a 20% discount on your first month of membership. I’ll be following up with my review of the clothing and some other fun offers!