Let me be clear: I don’t assume any sort of authority in matters of beauty. I know I’m no Kate Middleton. I do, however, claim experience of trial and error with a multitude of beauty products.
This is my list if I ever had to seriously answer the question about what beauty products I would bring with me on a desert island (which I would never seriously answer, because the person who chooses an eyelash curler over bottled water on a desert island is not someone whose blog you should be reading).
- Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel. We’re all blessed with a couple of nice features, but good skin isn’t one of mine. This cleanser has helped me manage my sometimes dry, sometimes oily, always fickle complexion.
- Hope in a Jar Moisturizer. Okay, I was first attracted to this product because of the cute name and elegant packaging. Turns out it’s really pretty dreamy: more affordable than other luxury moisturizers, compatible with many skin types, and moisturizing without being greasy.
- NARS Orgasm Blush. Another cult product that really is worth all the hype. Beautiful color that’s as alluring as the name suggests 😉
- OPI Red Nail Polish. Hands down, this is the perfect shade of red nail polish.
- Bare Minerals Foundation. The original mineral powder line, I believe. I’ve tried the various spin-offs but always return to this set.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner. I wore this on my wedding day. A third grader could apply it and it would still look sleek and classy. It’s that easy to use. Just be sure to splurge on the accompanying brush–that’s the secret.
- Biosilk Serum. I haven’t met one person, male or female, who doesn’t love the way this product smells. It is a thick serum, so I use it only as a light body moisturizer and not on my face or in my hair, but I hear it is great for frizz.
- Benefit 10 Highlighter & Bronzer. Great bronzer/blusher duo with a slight shimmer. It’s great on its own for a more natural look, or layered on other cheek color for added drama.
- TanTowels. My lovely beauty queen-turned-model-turned-amazing auntie tipped me off about these. If you don’t trust me, trust her (trust me). This is the only self-tanner I do not live in fear of; the application is pretty idiot-proof.
- Ped Egg. I bought this on a road trip out of boredom. It is the only infomercial product I have ever purchased, and I don’t regret it. It really does smooth your feet. Plus, it’s oddly gratifying to see all the dry skin flakes afterward.
What are some of your favorite beauty products?